Monday, 4 July 2011

I've set myself the task of designing a cover for every book I read (and love enough to grant a new cover). I thought it might be nice to make a little note of how I came to the outcomes (will go down and edit entry for 'The Go Between' to include explanation). Here is my interpretation of 'The French Lieutenant's Woman' by John Fowles. I've played around with the idea of the Victorian obsession with flower pressing, which in some ways reflects Fowles's idea of victorian restraint and repression. I wanted to play around with text as well so have done some different versions. In the first one I aimed to link the victorian aspect with the fact that the book was written with a 1960s outlook. The other two I wanted to express through the wonky copperplate, a breaking of convention through the main characters.






No comments:

Post a Comment